- Owner and Operator of The Trott House Inn, Bed & Breakfast
- Graduate of Newton-Conover High School, and Kennesaw State University in Georgia, where she obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Art Education. She taught school before committing her efforts to her business full time.
Elected to Council:
- Appointed Council Member 2003; elected in 2005; re-elected 2009; elected as Mayor in 2011.
Community/Government Involvement and Organizations:
- Member of Catawba Valley Rotary Club
- Past Chairman of Festival and Events Committee
- Member of First Presbyterian Church in Newton
- Member of Newton Sesquicentennial Celebration Committee
- Phone: 828-446-0364
- Email: Anne P. Stedman
What Are The Duties Of The Mayor?
The Mayor is elected by the citizens at-large to serve a four year term and presides over the City Council meetings. Other duties include: (1) Keeps informed as to the City’s business; (2) Acts as head of the City government for all ceremonial functions; and appoints individuals from the community to serve on City committees and outlines their powers and duties as necessary to properly care for the affairs of the city; and (3) To make recommendations as deemed necessary or expedient to the Board.
What Are The Duties Of The Mayor Pro Tempore?
At the first meeting or soon thereafter as possible after a current election, the City Council shall elect one of its members as Mayor Pro Tempore who, in the absence of the Mayor, shall preside at meetings and perform the duties assigned to that office.